Faith Leaders Forum
Community in Connection strives to connect its recovery participants with faith-based leaders throughout Somerset County. Our Faith Leaders Forum meets quarterly to discuss ways that we can best meet people where they are and support their wellness needs.
Celebrating the integral part faith plays for many on their recovery journey, CiC is grateful for the diverse voices and solutions shared amongst our leaders.
If you would like to share resources about faith-based solutions, contact Ken:firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Resources for Faith Leaders
If this is a medical emergency dial 9-1-1.
If this is a mental health or substance use crisis call 9-8-8.
Not sure what type of treatment is right for your congregant?
Click HERE to take a confidential assessment to get a recommendation.
- You’ll answer 13 questions.
- It will take around 10 minutes. Your responses will be anonymous.
- You’ll receive guidance you can use to find the right treatment.
Faith Based Organizations and the Opioid Epidemic
Overcoming Addiction: An Islamic Approach to Recovery
Faith Based Recovery
Among people recovering from substance use disorder, greater engagement with faith and spirituality are associated with several positive mental health outcomes. These include more optimism about life and higher resilience to stress, both of which may help contribute to the recovery process.
Telephone Recovery Support Line
What’s better than being connected?
To have someone listen to you and to be heard.
With a certified peer recovery coach, you can:
- Set goals and measure progress.
- Expand your tool kit and learn valuable coping skills.
- Increase self-confidence and self-direction.
- Create a customized recovery plan where YOU are in the driver seat.
Here’s how it works:
- It is completely voluntary. You tell us what day, time and frequency of calls works best for you.
- We won’t call without your permission.
- It is completely confidential. Your privacy is honored and respected.
- It is completely FREE and you can withdraw from the program at any time
- YOU are in the driver seat.
Community in Connections strives to connect its recovery participants with government, private and non-profit providers throughout Somerset County. Our Peer Recovery Specialists mentor our participants through the recovery process, identify potential barriers/ obstacles and tailor-make a resilient recovery roadmap specific to their needs celebrating the diversity of Somerset County.
For additional information or resources please contact David: dmartinak@communityincrisis.