Find your people. Find your purpose.
Independent thinking teens focus on things that make them happy – which is not using substances. One Clear Path is a social change campaign developed by CiC’s Youth Leadership Council, made up of Ridge and Bernards High School students. These young leaders are choosing nonuse and spreading the reasons why avoiding substances is the One Clear Path to reaching their goals.
Continue the trend.
Nationally, teens have been choosing not to use substances in growing numbers for decades. But they aren’t the kids making headlines for everything they’re doing right. We sometimes start believing the “everyone’s doing it” line, but that’s simply not true. In the Somerset Hills towns, 75% of high schoolers do not use marijuana, 68% do not vape, and over half do not drink alcohol (Pride 2019).
DID YOU KNOW FACTS
Vaping Cessation – Click HERE for more information.
Other helplines to reach out to:
- 2NDFLOOR: Text or call 2nd Floor, a youth and young adult mental health and substance use helpline.
- Caring Contact: Call Caring Contact, a volunteer-staffed caring and crisis hotline and listening community.
A comprehensive list of immediate and reliable support resources is available here.
One Clear Path is a social change campaign designed by youth to encourage responsible decision making about substance use. You, the students, will be empowered to make choices that will have an impact on your lives and your futures. For more information, please contact Maria Izzo: email@example.com.
Be a part of the change!
- Follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok
- Create your own social, tag us @communityincrisis and use #OCP, #CiC, #YouthCiC
- Young people, email Maria Izzo at firstname.lastname@example.org to join us.
- Parents, email Susan Visser at email@example.com to learn more about what we do.
The decisions you make now can affect the rest of your life. Make sure it is a positive one!